The funnest Mountain Bike Race in Michigan

Half way thru my lap at Ho Daddy's Bar stop

Today was the 2013 version of the Tree Farm Relay Mountain Bike Race, it "is" the funnest race in the Michigan, maybe in the country!  The race format is a Relay, Teams of 4 riders race in various classes including a class called "other" think this name comes from all the Cross Dressers that show up. Its such a fun day composed of Bikes, Beer and Friends and one of the sponsors is my sponsor shop, Cycltherapy Bikes.  Some of the teams take it serious and you do get a few of the states best riders out there, but for most its just about enjoying the day. This was my 4th or 5th relay, this year I raced on a Cycletherapy Co-Ed sport team, out for fun and by boy was it a great day, Novi Tree Farm is an awesome beginners course, very twisty turny but no hills to speak of a fun fun trail. I was the first to go off on our team, they use a LeMans start where you have to run down a hill grab your bike then take off, every person rides with a hawaiian lay and after your lap you hand it off to your team mate for many an exchange of beer is also done. Having been sick for the past few weeks, I wasnt sure how things would go for me, once out on the course my Heart Rate was elevated to I took it easy, combo of sick, meds & lack of riding, I did manage a 50 min lap my legs felt great but my cardio couldnt keep up with them, oh well again all about fun :)  I also walked around with my camera and took a bunch of pictures, to see them pick on the link, no charge for them so if I got a pic of you feel free to download it, my camera needs some work you might notice a red line in some of them.


Cycletherapy Bike Shop Base Camp

Teammates Jay & Dave handoff in the Advanced Class

Must of woke up late, still in pajama's

Not sure what to say here????

My friend Alden looking hot!

Comments