Another day another ride!

Slept in this morning after going out last night and throwing a few down! Once I did get up. i headed over to my cousin Sonja's for dinner, they eat big at noon and sandwiches later.. I'm still not adjusted to the time difference but staying out until 1am isn't helping. After letting lunch digest I headed out for a ride. I started out taking the same route as Tuesdays group ride, straight up, it's such a beautiful forest climb with multiple little waterfalls in the creek along side the road. Today was a holiday so all stores were closed, I was surprised at how full all the hiking trails were, I passed so many people, they really enjoy their outdoors in this country. Once to the top I turned around and took the paved road back down, what blast 2.5 miles of steep curvy road, I did take it on the easy side don't need to get hurt now. I then headed over to the climb I did Monday, but this time I followed it all the way to the top where There was  a very cool looking restaurant , rode past it and kept going thru some farm fields and back into some forest roads that followed a ridge line. After a few miles I turned back, I knew where I needed to be but wasn't sure I could get there from where I stood, it was a three way split in the road and I wasn't going to guess. I then rode around town a bit and headed home, 17.5 miles approx 1500 ft of climbing.i could get nice and strong climbing legs  if I spent a month riding around here. As for my wheels, for now I'm running tubes but tomorrow the search for a tire sealant begins, and if the weather sucks were going to Andy's house to Race Across the Sky 2010. I hear its really good ;)




Comments