My arrival in Germany

My travels from the United States to Germany went really well, all the flights were on time and I immediately found the driver that was sent to pick me up and take me to my Aunts house. The biggest worry was that my bike make the trip, so when I saw them unloading it from the plane I was pretty happy! When we last visited here my brother had brought his bike to compete in Ironman Switzerland and his bike didn't arrive until a few days after him, it's was a headache and added stress.



While in Germany, I'm staying at my Aunts house in the small town of Unterrot. This house has been in our family for a long time, my Mom & Aunt were both born here. I was pretty tired after arriving, 28 hours & 3 flights had pretty much worn me out so It was dinner and sleep. After a really good nights rest, had a breakfast of fresh  baked pretzels & rolls then went to work on my bike. I put together what I could but needed a floor pump and a few other items that wouldn't have traveled well. In the next town over Gaildorf ithere happens to be a Specialized bike dealer it's called Eggies (sp?), picked up the needed items, stopped in to visit a friend of mine who has a business near the bike shop and headed home.  My focus now was finishing up the bike once done with it,  got dresses and headed out for a short test ride. I stuck to the bike paths, there are miles upon miles of them. While riding I realized that my rear tire has a leak, so I rode back to the bike shop for some tubes and back home, I'll tackle the leak in the morning, good thing I brought rim tape seems that no bike shop around here has tire latex and I'll have to retape the rim. Now its time for a snack with my aunt, watch some TV and call it day! I did get a call from one of my childhood friends that still lives in the area, he happens to also be a cyclist and invited me on a group mtb ride tomorrow evening so I'm really looking forward to that.



Comments