A ride, some sightseeing and a bottle of wine!

Yesterday it literally rained all day and night so there really wasn't much to talk about, but finally today the rain stopped, we went a whole day without any! For at least the next week the weather is suppose to be dry and warm :). Flooding in central & southern Germany has been terrible, any path or road near a river was closed yesterday today it's much better around here, down south they are still having problems. After letting breakfast digest I went for a ride. The other day I did a climb and followed the road thru the woods, I came to a three way stop and rather than guess I turned back. Today I followed a path from the other side hoping it would take me back to the same 3 way split making this a loop and sure enough, it did! Exploring in the woods here is just to much fun!! After descending on the road I went back up the schnitzel climb, I call it this because at the top there used to be a restaurant that made the Schnitzel in the area. I descended and rode back home, I'm feeling pretty good on the bike :) . 


Picture above shows an old watering hole i pass on my ride, it's all spring fed!

After riding, i cleaned up and headed to my cousins for a wonderful dinner,  Weinerscnitzle, potatoe salad, green salad and pomme frites, I just love the food here, it brings so many childhood memories. Later I was picked up by my friend Martins parents, our connection is that his Mom & mine are lifelong friends. They took me to a very cool village where the oldest homes from the region some from the 1500 are moved to and rebuilt brick by brick! 


Picture shows where "outhouse" comes from, yes that's and old bathroom always build outside the house, the rest is easy to figure out :)

After we all went back to their house and enjoyed a bottle of local wine, I just love the local wines, my uncle and I would share a glass almost every night when I would visit. We had an awesome time and I returned  to my Aunts, now I'm in bed writing this. In 3 days the real adventure begins, but no matter what happens in the race it's been awesome visiting my second home again.  Oh and incase you wondered, my tire issues are solved :) bike is ready to go.

Comments