Ruhpolding, Game On



Our It's 9:30pm and been a long day! We left at 10am and driving went real well until we got to the flood zone in Bavaria, highway was closed and we sat in traffic for almost 3 hours but finally made it Ruhpolding Germany. Ruhpolding is well known for its Cross Country ski World Cup race. It's a beautiful town in the German alps. One we got here we went to the camp ground got our spot and drove back to town with some friends of my cousin who have a cabin the area.

This is my home for the next 4 days, I own the first floor;)

Back in town we picked up my race packet and my cousin and her friends went to dinner at a restaurant and I went to the rider meeting pasta party. I loaded up on a plate of spaghetti and listened to the an outline of tomorrow's stage. The course has changed a bit because of heavy snow at the top of the mountain. At the rider meeting I sat at a table with a New Zealander, an Austrian and a German we all spoke English the whole time.

My race number for the next 4 days, I also got a super nice 4 peaks duffle bag.

After the rider meeting we all met up again and returned to the camper to set things up. The weather seems to have cleared up for now, we were even treated to a beautiful sun set that reflected off the mountain behind us. 

Orange rocks :)

Now I'm in bed and ready to sleep, tomorrow is big day!



Comments