Day #3 Brevent-Flegere

Today was the most fun I've ever had on ski's, Eric and  I walked out our front door and skied to the lift right behind our apartment. We took a poma up to the gondola and walked out to biggest powder playground I've ever skied! This part of the resort had been closed all week due to high winds and snow, today bluebird clear sky's and in places chest high powder. 

Entrance to our apartment
at the top of Brevent
We quickly made our way as high possible to get to the fresh powder and it was beautiful light snow. We took some runs across a few bowl like areas and then noticed a beautiful in- skied section but it would require some climbing. We skied along some cliffs to a very narrow shoot where we would need to do a short steep climb, a snowboarder that was sitting told us to climb with skis on because the snow is to deep club by foot. We get to the top and into the biggest untracked powder zone we saw all day. We star our descent and having to much fun when literally within second a cloud moved in and we couldn't see 4 ft ahead of us. Not knowing what lie ahead we took it slow , then encountered a guided group and followed them to the bottom. It almost looked like a white moon landscape with snow covered rocks, had the cloud not moved in we would have been fine. 

Lots of fresh Powder
After we decided to head in, eat and let things clear. 

Our lunch salad, sausage and frommage
After lunch we decided to ski some trees and had allot fun in there even watched Eric drop down a small ledge and roll head over heels, I also ate some snow when I tried to ski trough a wind blown wall of snow only to get buried! 

Flegere
Choices, Choices!!
Now we decided to ski to the very farthest end of the resort in hopes of finding more frehies and boy did we ever, I got to ski my first narrow chute so fun and scary, narrow with rocks all around you.
A chute the Eric and I both skied it got quit narrow in the center
After more open powder we ended up at the edge of the off-piste, we skied along a rocky ledge where they had avalanche bombed , the snow was discolored and you could see the slide. We started down and climbed into a closed area because of rocks, Eric stopped and tolde how to ski it but I didn't listen, hit a rock and losty ski I slid down about 15 ft in chest deep powder, I was actually stuck and got a big mouthful. I still had one ski on and it was buried. I took the ski off, which made things worse now I was really sinking. I tried to slide on my belly to get back on the other side of the rope, I looked up and could see the end of my binding, no lost ski. I was now a good 30ft from the ski and way I could climb up so I dug in as Eric headed back up the chair to get my ski. He found it and in the mean time I dug myself a flat area to get the skis back on this stuff was deep. I got back on my skis and we did a couple more runs and headed back to the other side so we could ski back to our front door. Our legs were now pretty tired so and we had a long descent so we took our time and ended right at our front door.

Steep and Deep!

Welcome to my world for a week


Eric crossing a ridge we used to get some steep and deep
Once back we showered and headed out for dinner, food is so great when its earned! Tomorrow the day we've been waiting for skiing the famous Vallee Blanche to much fun this week!

Duck Breast with mushrrom, cheese and cured ham

Creme Brulee for dessert




















Comments