Leadville Day 3 St Kevin's

Ride 2 Strava Data: http://www.strava.com/activities/172602501

Today I rode with the group, a fun group at that! Art, Robert, Bonnie, Noah, Bobby a fellow from Vermont who's name I don't remember. We planned on riding the first 2 climbs St Kevin's and Sugarloaf pass then back to town. We left at our usual 9am and headed down the valley riding the course start aprox 7 miles in your at the base of St Kevin's not a long climb compared to the others but steep in places. Art flew by us and we all gave chase, I hung in there for a while but the thin air really got toe today, I was huffing and puffing, legs felt great but I missed my dirty oxygen rich Michigan air!! Other than stopping for a truck I did ride the whole climb I was happy about that. Once we descended it began to rain , we took a short cut and headed back to town. The rout back was all paved roads around torqouise lake, I was really reserve riding on the wet pavement, at one point I shot wide and almost missed a turn good thing there was no oncoming traffic, scared the heck out both myself and Art!! We rode back up from the valley and back to hostel.

Meeting in Downtown Leadville
A few hours after being at the hostel the sun emerged and it was an ok afternoon, the opposite of previous days. Yesterday at the hostel I we all met Philip who is riding his bike around the world, him and I had some wonderful discussion's today, what a great guy, I literally met the most interesting man in the world! 


Hanging with Philip at the Hostel
Before dinner we met up with our friend Stephen at coffee shop, enjoyed some more talk and I walked back up to the hostel.

Coffee shop talk!
Robert offered to buy pork chops for dinner which he grilled to perfection, then we had Boston coolers that Hostel made for everyone, sat around chatted for a bit and called it a night! Riding, Eating, Resting and especially friends! both new and old thats what this is all about.

Comments