LUV2MTB Video release....Always Good Times on the Wingman (ski review)!


For the past couple years I have had the pleasure of testing prototype ski's for Elan Ski Company,
This year I was really intrigued by the ski's discription



it looked like the perfect on-piste all mountain ski, an easy turning, carving machine!! As a Coach/Instructor, I spend 90% of my season on groomed runs and was really looking forward to being on them, the 16 Radius got me excited!! When they finally arrived I took them to my favorite shop, The Ski Company Ltd and had them mount up the bindings. I remember my first runs, I was all smiles on the freshly groomed snow of my home hill, Pine Knob Ski and Snowboard Resort, my initial thoughts, fast, easy to turn, very stable.  I have since skied them  on fresh courdoroy, light powder and even took some runs in the race course, and I must say they supprised me in the course, laterally they are very stiff and held their edge, they react to your ankle flex really fast, I think my most memorable day on them was Christmas day at Mt Holly Ski and Snowboard Resort where I spent the evening skiing with Elan's very own and skiing legend Glen Plake and his wife Kimbely on fresh powder, skiing with them was #alwaysgoodtimes.


#alwaysgoodtimes down "The Wall" at Pine Knob

This ski uses Elans Amphibio ski technology, meaning its an assymetrical design there is a right and left ski, also the inside edge is cambered and the outside edge is rockered and have a stiffer structure over the full length of the inside edge which gives you a very stable ski, very noticalble especially if you try skiing them on the opposite sides, hey I had to try it!  I give this ski an A++++++ on fun factor!! Part of being on the test team is turning in an evaluation form along with that we were asked to make a video. I had some ideas for a video but like my school days I waited until the last minuet, when you watch the video you'll see how bad my editing was, but I think it adds a little comedy, You can watch it below



Last week I was supprised to learn that my video had made the top 5 and along with that,  a care package was on the way from Elan, Happy Happy Joy Joy!! The winner recieved a trip to the Elan factory in Slovenia and it was a deserved win, his video is outstanding, the link is below, also in the top 5 was my Detroit Elan Ski Team teammate Thom Halsey's video, links below..

Winner Grant Schultz:  https://youtu.be/Cv2-uUWbASQ

Marian Zehmko:https://youtu.be/Cv2-uUWbASQ

Thom Halsey:https://youtu.be/Ei2FvdRXsjw

Craig Miller:https://youtu.be/FGS01HhNpe0

Our care packages consistied of some very cool Elan swag, one can never have enough swag :) !!! A big "Thank You" to Elan for the opportunity, I honestly do love this ski!!  Since the winners announcement, the prototype ski has been released and is known as the "Wingman" and are available in 78, 82 and 86 cm widths,  I highly recommend them for all mountain skiing, it really is a very easy turning, versatile ski and  I plan on using mine for a long time!  Look for the Elan demo tents at your local ski resort, They have already been spotted at Copper Mountain Ski Test Show, as well as locally here in Michigan at various Test Fests including  Boyne Mountain, Boyne Highlands and Caberfea resorts!

Some Great Swag from Elan Ski's







Comments